In the era of extreme mobility and sociability in the online world, if you really want your hotel’s visibility to increase, you simply have to be online.
One of the easiest ways to be online is to mark your hotel on Google Maps.
In this blog post, we’ll show you how you can submit your hotel on Google Maps in less than 2 minutes through any smartphone.
Steps to mark your hotel on Google Maps:
- Step 1: Open the Google Maps app on your smartphone.
- Step 2: Tap on the hamburger located in the top left corner of the screen.
- Step 3: Once you tap, the sidebar shall open up, showing you your google profile and various other options like location sharing etc.
- Step 4: If you scroll down, you shall see an option called “Add a missing place”. Click on that option.
- Step 5: Once you tap on it, you get to add the missing place’s name, address and which category it belongs in. Choose “Hotel” as the category.
- Step 6: Make sure you mark the exact location on the map because that is the single most crucial aspect of increasing your online visibility.
- Step 7: Next, choose the days and hours your hotel is open to business.
- Step 8: Add the business phone number. It is usually the reception desk’s number.
- Step 9: If you have a website for your hotel, add that here as well.
- Step 10: You may add the date your hotel first opened, though it isn’t mandatory.
- Step 11: Now comes another crucial aspect of your business – photos. Be mindful of the photos you choose, for these pictures shall be publicly available for everybody to see. Choose pictures which highlight the best aspects of your hotel.
After you finish filling all your details, you can tap on the “Finished” on the top right corner of the screen. You might see a message saying that a place like that already exists, and shows you the list of places and their respective addresses. If you see that your business is not one of them, go ahead and click on “submit anyway”.
It takes some time until Google verifies the address and after that, you will start seeing your property listed on Google Maps.
You can even claim the business, and Google will send you a post to your business’s location to verify the business.
Google My Business benefits
After you successfully claim your property on Google My Business, you get a host of benefits such as:
- People can now add ratings and reviews on how the place is, and it adds more credibility to the listing.
- People can directly book from the search results, and that increases bookings for you.
- You get insights about how people find your hotel online. Maybe they were searching for another hotel nearby and came to know about you from the “People Also Searched For” footer?
- There is direct boosting of local SEO and the stronger your presence, the better.
- You can also create a free, easily customizable, mobile-friendly website through Google My Business.
These steps can also be done for any local business as such, and not just hotel. The more information your place online, the more likely people will visit your place.